Friday, November 20, 2009

Spiritual clarity....

I had a very eye-opening weekend almost a week ago, and I’m having a difficult time putting it in words. I guess the best way I can word is to say that I felt totally connected with spirit, and I have an awareness that I had not previously known before.

I have been on the precipice of a fairly big decision for a while now, and it’s something that has been very difficult, because it will affect not only myself, but also my family a great deal. I went back and forth, “knowing” what it is I need to do, but doubting my ability and resolve to do it. I also have most of my family and friends behind me on this decision. Not only that, but my schedule just fell into place that would greatly help me with this. Many other signals that what was happening now was very negative and that I need to move forward for the benefit of my family. Everything just seems to be falling into place for that decision. It felt right.

Despite all this, I had ‘fear’ about this decision. Most of this fear revolves around what “other people” might think or say. How do I explain to them? Try as I might, I do still care what other people think (sometimes)…something I am working on.

Then, something very powerful happened on Saturday. I’m not going to go into I this venue, but I finally got it loud and clear what it is I need to do. It came from within me and outside of me. Total clarity. My friends who understand spirituality the way I do will maybe understand what I am saying. I know this is right with my whole being and that whatever self-doubt I have I need to brush aside for this along with any of the outside influence that might object. I feel I have to listen to this.

In fact, just the other day, someone asked me if maybe I should hold off on this for a while. I told them how can I deny that this anymore? The message is so clear. I can no longer ignore this.

This experience has opened up a whole new spiritual awareness for me, and I feel energized and very connected at this moment. Listening to my intuition has always been difficult for me, but I think this is a huge step forward for me in recognizing the difference between intuition and fear.  I thank my friends and family for holding my hand along the way :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow Angela. What a great experience. Having such total clarity is a gift. Good for you for noticing it and honoring it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making huge decisions has a way of blasting open tightly closed doors. Spiritual revelation tends to follow such decisions. I'm happy for you. It feels like you're definitely on a path to greater joy. And I'm curious to know what you are contemplating! :) Can you share?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! Sounds like you had a mystical experience! They can be profound and life changing or just a wonderful peak moment. I found you by following stark raving zen. I am a spiritual seeker on a journey in search of pilgrimage sites. You can checkit out at stationarypilgrim.wordpress.com. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete